This one-pan meal is a true daytime wonder and the only thing you need to do to be an instant hit at a party is show up with a bowl of homemade guacamole. And while there’s nothing wrong with a big bowl of classic guacamole with the regulars – ripe avocados, tomatoes, onion, lime juice and cilantro (plus a jalapeno or two to give it a little kick) – mixing it up a bit won’t leave you disappointed.
What you need:
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with press
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
How to do get the smokey charm on:
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush cut sides of avocados with oil. Grill 2 to 4 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Transfer avocados to cutting board; cool slightly. Remove avocados from peel. Mash with lime juice, garlic, chipotle, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until almost smooth. Stir in red onion and cilantro. Transfer to serving bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.