Hello guys, I hope your week has been a tide ride so far and I’m in your weekend like meat in pie for it’s another day to learn how to cook something new to charge up those taste buds. We are going to learn how to prepare the classic goat light soup which is often served with fufu, a mouth-watering staple in Ghana. So get that Apron, get those knives, ladles and bowls and let’s cook some magic.
500g diced goat or half a chicken, diced
6 whole tomatoes
Half a kpakpo shito (or hot pepper)
50g tomato puree
1 aubergine (also known as a garden egg in Ghana)
Fufu, banku or rice
• Wash ginger, garlic, chilli, one of the onions and three of the tomatoes, drain, place in blender, season, and blend to a paste.
• Place the mix on the meat with and marinade for 10 minutes.
• Place the meat in a pan cook gently for 10 minutes.
• Add tomato puree cook for 10 minutes add water 500ml of water and simmer until the meat is tender.
• Dice and add the remaining three tomatoes, the diced aubergine, and the last chopped onion. Cook for 30 minutes.
• Remove onions and tomatos and pass it through the blender, then add to soup again. and bring to a simmer. Season to taste.
• Serve with fufu, banku or rice.
Written by Albert Anyimadu